Aunty Jo regaled her listeners, drawing on traditional tales from Karnataka and Bundelkhand. There was a super fun and super competitive quiz too, and the participants amazed us with their general knowledge on everything to do with India.
Savio Mascarenhas, Art Director of Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle Studios, conducted a fantastic and entertaining workshop. He led the children (and some adults) step by step as everyone drew beloved Tinkle characters Suppandi, Shikari Shambhu, and Tantri the Mantri. The participants were so engrossed that the workshop could have lasted for another hour at least!
The theme for ReaDD Book Club was Non-Fiction. Every child who participated spoke about non-fiction books they had read and loved lately. It was a lively and very informative session and lots of notes on good books were exchanged with great energy.
Here is a list of books talked about:
- A Really Short History of Everything, Bill Bryson
- The Teenage Diary of Razia Sultan, Anitha Murthy
- DK All About Dinosaurs
- Battles and Warriors, Subhadra Sen Gupta
- Rabindranath Tagore, Bhagat Singh, Amar Chitra Katha
- Warriors for Freedom, Amar Chitra Katha
- The Story of Tutankhamen
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
- The Big Earth Book
- Great Folk Tales of the World, Anitha Murthy
- Diary of a Young Girl, Anne Frank
- Gangamma’s Gharial, Shalini Srinivasan
- The Teenage Diary of Nur Jahan, Deepa Agarwal
- We, the Children of India, Leila Seth
- A Gardener in the Wasteland, Srividya Natarajan
Our September calendar is really exciting! Have you signed up yet?